Mormon-J History Resources
Mormon-J: The LDS Journal History Page
A resource for LDS journalists ...
and other historians and students of Mormonism
Last updated: Friday, 24 January 1997
Are you a return visitor?
Jump to the bottom of the page to receive e-mail notification when this page is updated!
Click here for the
Table of Contents
Stop by our new Testify! page and read the on-line testimonies of Latter-day Saints.
Table of Contents:
Why this page was created
LDS Journals and Biographies On-Line
Other LDS Historical Documents
The Future of This Page
- Welcome to Mormon-J's LDS Journal History Page. Journalists began life as diarists... and this page celebrates the contribution of faithful LDS journal-keepers who recorded -- and thereby created -- the history of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Missionary Journal of Ozro Ozias Crockett (1897-1899)
Church History stories -- Growing archive of pioneer stories from Dave Kenison.
Buchanan family -- Pioneer family histories (Anderson, Buchanan, Davis, Davies, Carling, Dutson, Green, Jacobson, Lovell, Roundy)
Moody family -- More pioneer family histories (Barney, Bull, Bullard, Brown, Burgess, Craig, Curtis, Daley, Dibble, Durfee, Johnson, Larsen, Lewis, Mathews, Moody, Pulsipher)
Testify -- Conversion stories, both historical and contemporary.
Journals -- A fine collection of journals, histories, and other texts
Early Saints -- An FTP site accessible through the Web
Vingettes -- Folio Infobase Historical Vingettes
Utah Historical Encyclopedia -- A gift to Utahns for the state's centennial celebration. DARN CASE-SENSITIVE INTERNET! IF YOU HAD TROUBLE READING THESE BEORE, TRY AGAIN. I'VE CORRECTED THE URLS! Notable entries:
- FARMS -- The Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies home page, at its new address. Scholarly research on ancient history related to the Book of Mormon, and history of the LDS Church. Notable sections include:
- Book of Mormon lecture series -- Historical insights on Book of Mormon research
- Book of Mormon Criticism Series -- An FAQ page about Book of Mormon criticisms
- Lecture Series -- Lectures given at the annual FARMS banquet. Includes lectures on politics, temples and the Book of Mormon.
Leonard Arrington, Mormon Historian
Fawn McKay Brodie, Biographer
Juanita Brooks, Historian
Mark Hofman, Forger, Murderer, and Anti-historian
Ogden Standard Examiner
BH Roberts, Pioneer Historian
Salt Lake Tribune
James E.Talmage, Scientist, Writer
Utah Journalism History
Utah Literary History
Emmeline B.Wells, Pioneer Journalist
150 Years Ago Dave Crockett's ongoing Sesquicentenial project.
Mss. collection -- USU's historical manuscript collection. Campaign to get it scanned in, OCR'ed, and posted on-line!
Historian's analysis -- D. Michael Quinn responds as a historian to an attack on LDS history.
Photos on line -- Great LDS historical photos from Brad W. Richards.
The 1838 Mormon War in Missouri -- A Must Read if you're a student of LDS history!
Nauvoo -- Sam Brown's essay "On Religious Toleration in Mormon Nauvoo"
Dispute -- Archive of disputed Mormon texts
Rel Ed. -- Religious Studies Center at BYU
Utah Historical Quarterly -- Conversion Project -- Call it a service project; score points!
State -- Utah's Struggle for Statehood
Summary -- Utah Historical Society's brief summary of Utah history
Folio Queries -- The query page
American Ground Zero: The Secret Nuclear War -- An anthropologist describes the Southern Utah people who allowed -- even embraced -- nuclear testing in their own backyards.
TimeLine -- BYU timeline builder under construction
Mormon History Resource Page -- OK -- one page of links to other links
- If you have electronic copies of historic (read: Pioneer or pre-1940) journals, this is the place to make it known. We hope to create an archive of these documents at some point in the future, but for now, we'll include links to your address.
- If you want us to include other LDS journalism or history links, let us know! This page will be regularly updated.
- This is how you can contact us:LauraMaery Gold, Editor, Mormon-J
Shake hands with the Web Counter. You're visitor number
Copyright 1996-2004 by LauraMaery Gold
This Home Page was created by WebEdit on 16 January 1996, and is updated regularly